What is a milestone session and why you should want one

 All about milestone sessions

So what is a milestone session? In the shorter of terms a milestone session is a session within your little ones first year usually around 3 months, 6 months, 9 months, and 1 year. I however look at milestone sessions being when your little one can do tummy time and smile, when your little one sits up, and when your little one can pull up to standing. These sessions are so much more adorable and precious than I think people realize. In their first year your little one changes crazy fast. They go from a newborn to smiling and laughing and interacting with you. 

3 months


During the 3 month/tummy time session these are the things I aim to capture- Your little one smiling, on their back laying down to show growth, propped up in a prop, and in tummy time. I do all of these on a different look to provide variety. 

6 months


During the 6 month/sitting up session these are the things I aim to capture- sitting up, new expressions and giggles, laying down on back to show height, and reaching for their toys.

9 months


During the 9 month/standing session these are the things I aim to capture- pulling up on a chair, or assisted standing by parent, laying down on back to show height, and sitted props. 

1 year


During the 1 year portrait/cake smash session these are the things I aim to capture- new expressions and laughs, standing, and then depending on if it's a smash session- your little one eating cake or another food alternative. 

Some FAQs

Do I need to have my newborn session with you to book you for these? No you don't but I encourage it. I like to pick a color or prop item and use it through the first year to really show their growth. 

Do you have packages for these? I sure do. They are based on how many milestone sessions you would like and include an incremental discount for how many you do book. You can also book them one at a time if you choose.

What's included? Well I have digital images in all my packages. I also do provide outfits, props, backdrops, and fabrics. 

Do you include family or siblings in these? It is not included but I do offer an add on. 

How much notice do you need to book these sessions? I generally fill my schedule anywhere from 4-6 weeks in advance. So it is definitely better to reach out sooner rather than later.

I would like to book one. How do I get in touch? Shoot me an email or a message to the Facebook business page. We'll get started from there. I look forward to it! 

Comments

Popular Posts