Styling for Newborn Photos- Families

Styling for Newborn Photos- Families

Number one question I get. So you've got all the baby styling things but what do I wear? Well let's get into the things I suggest.

First and foremost I offer a variety of different backgrounds for newborn family photos. And they do need to be styled differently. I offer solid color backdrops in dark grey, light gray, light tan, white brick, red brick, and lifestyle bed look.


Keep it simple. Texture versus printed patterns. Images don't typically go below waist level unless in the lifestyle set. Think where your images are going. Do you want them to match that area? Nursery? Living Room? If you are more a casual family then dress more casual. Fancier? Do it! Details matter. Think about watches jewelry etc. 

For moms- you just had a baby. Wear something that makes you feel beautiful and comfortable. A loose dress is a great option. 

For dads- avoid t-shirts. A polo or button up or nice sweater is a better option. Images don't usually go below waist level unless requested but make sure pants are clean. If you are on the lifestyle set you don't want pants with dirt spots being in your images. 

Colors- I always say muted. Muted colors help in keeping the focus on expressions and the moment. Bolder colors can be very distracting from you and baby. Your eye is going to go right towards the brightness. Lighter is generally better as well. I suggest that family groups build a color palette of 2-3 colors to keep it from getting too busy.

And as always, if you would like to run outfits by me feel free to do so. I'm happy to weigh in.

Comments

Popular Posts