Choosing and Planning Your Cake Smash Session

 HOW TO CHOOSE AND PLAN YOUR CAKE SMASH SESSION


Your baby is turning one! Cake smash sessions are a great way to celebrate their first trip around the sun. With such a big milestone how do you even pick a theme or design? It's so easy to get overwhelmed. The good news is I'm here to help. Every session is super customized for you and your little one. I'll be there to walk you through every element. Get it just right. 



QUESTIONS TO HELP YOU NARROW IT DOWN


- Does baby have a favorite show, color, food or item?
- Maybe a nickname?
- Do I need my photos to match anything- home colors or nursery?
- Themes that seem to have stuck with your little one?

One of the greatest things is that you get to choose. You can have fun with it. Favorite show, favorite fandom, favorite color, your career, or maybe something dear to you. 


SOMETHING BABY LOVES


Does baby have something they absolutely love? Favorite song or show? 

Favorite song or show- Baby Shark, Coco Melon, Blippi, etc.
Favorite character- Pooh Bear, Mickey Mouse, Elsa, etc.
Favorite book- Love You To The Moon And Back, Hungry Caterpillar, Oh the Places You'll Go, etc.
Favorite food- Watermelon, Fruit, Spaghetti, Pizza, etc.
Favorite toy- trucks, coloring, baby Groot, etc



JUST A COLOR?


Maybe you don't want a theme. Maybe a color or something more low key. Favorite color, something girly, matches your home, or super colorful with a rainbow. I have done many a gold and pink smash or blue and grey. Or even all white. 

MAYBE INSPIRED BY SOMETHING IN THE WORLD


Jungle, flowers, ocean, mountains, farm animals, or inspired by a favorite place. I'm itching to do a Paris themed smash. 

SEASONS ARE VERY POPULAR


Winter Wonderland is very popular. So is beach and summer themes. Holidays like the 4th of July or Christmas also make for great themes.



SMASH ALTERNATIVES


This could be a cake alternative- fruit or pizza. Or something totally different like a finger painting session. 

STILL NOT SURE? TAKE A LOOK AT MY BUCKET LIST!



I just put together 2023's Bucket List. This is a great way to see preplanned themes and get a small discount. I keep a list of theme reference photos for each one. And since I do everything super custom we can play around it each theme till we love it.

FAQs?


So what do you include in a first birthday session?

Every session with me takes place in 3 parts- simple portrait photos- classic and timeless, the main themed set, and a follow up splash bath. I also include outfits from my client closet, the cake or food alternative, all the props and backgrounds, and packages include digital images.

How long does it take to set up a session?

It takes a minimum of 2-3 weeks to order the cake. The more time I have to plan the better your session will be. I highly recommend planning 1-2 months in advance. As well as it takes maximum 2.5 weeks to get your gallery back. So if you would like to display your images at a birthday party then keep that in mind. 

How do I get this started?

You can reach out to me via email at ophotographybyo@gmail.com to get started planning. 50% of the package fee is required to book and hold a date. The remaining balance is due at time of the session.

After the session, when will I receive my images?

In most cases a sneak peak is put on my Facebook page within 2 days after your session. My total turn around time is 14 business days maximum. Images are delivered via an online personal gallery with print release.

What if I want an album?

Then I'm your gal. I offer albums and a variety of unique products to display your little one's cuteness.


So are you ready to do this?

  





Comments

Popular Posts