The "perfect" family photoshoot and children

Ever stress planned a family photoshoot? Set your heart specifically on one magical pose? Have a wild card small kiddo? Or literally any family member who isn't feeling it? If you nodded to any of these then this post is for you because that's not how my photo shoots go. Let me tell you a story...

Once upon a time I used to stress when every family session didn't go "my way". When I thought that I didn't get the "perfect shot" every time. I realized my favorite images weren't of everyone stiffly smiling at the camera and looking forward. That's great and all but the interaction ones were everything I wanted and more. So I gave it up. I started asking families to come and play. When I was handed the list of "magical poses" I started saying no. I try for them. Really though which shot will you actually love. The stiff awkward smile everyone all tense or the magic fun smile looking at each other with sparkly happy eyes? I want the sparkly eyes.



If you book a family session with me your saying- "yes I want to come, play, and make memories." So I urge you. Pick the perfect outfits that you can move in. Choose to come and be open to tickling, family walks, and building moments. To pack snacks and toys for little ones. Accept everyone in their stage and come to move not pose.


When I'm working with little ones I'm asking you mom and dad to tell me what makes them laugh. Do I need to threaten to tickle them or sing baby shark off key? For older kiddos- what makes them want to interact with you? Do they need a giant hug or talk about cool cars or whatever music is in now? You better bet I don't know what the magic button to get smiles is but I'm here to work it. I try to figure out and meet each person in their age and stage and mindset. I will try everything in my tool bag to really get you the actual magic pose. Everyone genuinely smiling because they are happy to be their smiling with you. So what's the perfect family image to you?


Ready to make memories? Let's chat!

Comments

Popular Posts