Kicking off National Breastfeeding Month!

Jenna Elizabeth here- Let's kick off this celebration month by a little about my son and I's story. A rather rough pregnancy and a long birth put our breastfeeding journey off to a difficult start. My supply came in quickly but my son was unable to latch. With the help of La Leche League, we got back on our breastfeeding journey. As a family, an overly fussy, gassy, colicy baby was very difficult and draining. I had PPD and several hormonal issues. A couple doctor appointments later, we discovered my son had a tongue and lip tie. With that corrected, it feels like our journey didn't really begin until four months old. We have had several hiccups and struggles in our journey. Every time you think you've got it another curve ball comes along. This feels like what Motherhood is really made of. I think without my mom village, IBCLCs, La Leche Leaque, endless support from my husband, and friends to bolster us- we definitely wouldn't have made it to here at one year. And we're still going strong! What a blessing! So that's what this month is about. Celebrating Motherhood, the everyday struggle to be a good mom, and offering some support to you. I, Jenna Elizabeth, am the artist behind O. Photographic Art. These are the people that stood beside me and helped to get us here. I hope you enjoy this month and this celebration. Join in! Tell me your story! Participate in posts! It's my hope that you find this helpful. Sincerely, Jenna Elizabeth Onyia

Comments

Popular Posts